We do not control the install or update process on our end. However, we do have some suggestions that you can try out in order to be able to install.
This covers issues like: Cannot find Assets / Install Location Unavailable / Install Stuck at xx% / Install Restarts as well as Google Play error codes.
- Close Vainglory
- Force Close App Store
- Re-Open App Store
- Navigate to the Updates page
- Refresh the Updates page by pulling down until the refresh circle completed
If you are still experiencing issues, you can try this alternative:
- Delete Vainglory (if you have an older version installed)
- Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneoulsy for approximately 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears
- Make sure you are connected to a WiFi and not LTE/3G/4G connection
- Navigate to Vainglory on the App Store and install freshly
Please read through all the solutions here to see if one of these covers your issue:
First, please make sure you have done a fresh install of the latest update:
- Delete game data and cache
- Uninstall Vainglory
- Power off your device for 15+ seconds
- Reinstall Vainglory
The above steps solve 99% of install issues!
If you continue to have problems read on:
Assets not found:
This issue is very common but also very simple and easy to solve.
Try to manually change the permissions for the install data by going to Settings → Application Manager → Vainglory → App Permission → Storage → (set it on).
After changing the setting:
- Force quit Vainglory
- Delete game data and cache
- Run Vainglory again
This should have you back on the Halcyon Fold right away.
Cannot Access Install Location:
After installing the app itself, do not run it.
For most tablets:
- Go to (Setting → Apps → Vainglory → Tap on Permissions)
- You'll see your storage options and on the right you'll see sliders to enable/disable permission to use those storage options
- If the setting is off, turn it on.
- If the setting is already on, then turn it off and restart your device, then turn the setting back on and restart again
For most phones:
- Go to (Setting → Storage → Preferred Storage Location)
- Select the location you prefer.
- If your preferred location is already selected change it and restart your device, then change it back and restart again
After doing this, then run Vainglory and it should be solved!!
If this doesn't work, then you might have a different problem so please create a ticket with all your device information.
Install Stuck at xx% / Restarts instillation:
If you have this issue it is likely because of one of two issues:
- Your SD card isn't fast enough to handle VG. Please make sure it's read/write speeds are enough to handle 4K video recording.
- Your install location is out of space. Vainglory only needs about 1GB of space but if the install location has less than 2GB available your device may have issues during installation because it wants to keep free space for Flex Memory usage. Please be sure to delete old applications as well as old photos and videos you no longer need *back them up first.
After resolving these issues, try the above reinstall steps again!
Keep in mind:
- Vainglory only needs about 1.2GB of space but if the install location has less than 2GB available your device may have issues during installation because it wants to keep free space for Flex Memory usage.
- If installing on an SD card please make sure it's read/write speeds are enough to handle 4K video recording.
For most Google Play error codes, this will fix your problem:
- Go to Settings → Applications or Apps → Manage Applications → choose to see All → Choose Google service frame → Choose force stop → Clear data → Restart.
- This should reset the Google Play Store and you can start downloading Apps as normal again.
We really hope that this information will work for you and that you are able to install the latest version of Vainglory successfully on your device.